Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a martial art commonly practiced in the United States. It utilizes throws, chokes, and joint locks to neutralize an opponent who is larger and stronger than the practitioner. It is based on the concept of using the strength of a larger opponent against him or her by utilizing body positioning and leverage.
Here are 5 reasons why Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is an effective martial arts discipline:
1. It's a great workout. Brazilian jiu-jitsu is similar to wrestling, and it's an intense full-body workout that will leave you sweating and sore the next day—in a good way! You'll get a good cardio boost from all the running around, as well as an upper body and core workout from throwing each other around with strength and technique.
2. You can learn how to defend yourself with it. Not many martial arts disciplines can offer you real self-defense skills. Brazilian jiu-jitsu can prepare you for a real fight without risking any injury to yourself or your opponent.
3. It's excellent for mental health. The constant challenge of learning new techniques and strategies makes Brazilian jiu-jitsu an excellent choice for someone who's looking to make their life more interesting, while also improving their mental state through constant engagement and striving to be better than they were before.
4.Brazilian Jiu Jitsu teaches you to be calm under stress and perform effectively in extreme situations. The first time that you roll with an opponent who has more skill than you may feel overwhelming—there's no way that you're going to be able to get them off of you! But as you continue to train, you realize that there are ways to get out of bad positions, even if you're being held down by someone very strong. You learn how to take care of yourself even when everything seems stacked against you. This is a valuable life lesson for anyone who fears going outside after dark or doesn't feel safe at home alone.
If you're looking to give BJJ a try, swing by our studio and we'll be happy to answer your questions and show you what it's all about!
We all start out as white belts, and no matter how long you've trained, you're always a white belt at heart. This is a universal truth in the martial arts world, and it's one of the things that draws people to it. The first time I tried out Jiu Jistu, I remember walking home with a giant grin on my face. I just felt so good, like I'd finally found something where I could be myself. That feeling is definitely addictive.
In my experience, five of the best reasons for training martial arts are:
1. It's a lifelong journey
2. You're never too old or too young to start
3. It keeps you healthy and in shape
4. It teaches you self-discipline
5. It gives you new skills and friendships
Training BJJ gave me a new perspective on the world. It taught me how to focus and keep my cool. It helped me find peace in stressful situations, and to enjoy the little things in life. And it showed me how to love myself for who I am, not what others want or expect me to be.
No matter how extensive your training is, there will always be more to learn. This doesn't mean that your training is futile or that you should feel discouraged—it just means that it's possible to train forever and still be learning new things. The beauty of this idea is that when you put in the hard work of training, you're constantly challenging yourself and stretching past what you previously thought were your limits. This can help make life outside of the dojo much more fun, because it means you're always moving towards higher levels of personal growth.
With all that being said, if you're located in the Mukilteo, Lynnwood, Everett, and Snohomish County area, and looking for a martial arts studio, we encourage you to give us a shot.
From the moment you step foot on our mats, you'll feel at home at Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Mukilteo Team Sauer. Our professional and experienced instructors are certain to teach you all of the most effective self defense techniques. With an emphasis on practicality and efficiency, we guarantee that you'll be able to use these skills should a dangerous situation ever arise. If you're looking for the best martial arts and self defense training in Mukilteo, Lynnwood, Everett or Snohomish County then look no further than Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Mukilteo Team Sauer!